Mother, 3 children found dead in Dhaka
Published : 09 Jun 2017, 10:45
Police recovered bodies of a woman and her three children from their house in Dhaka’s Turag area early today.
The deceased were identified as Rehena Parvin, 35, her daughters Shanta, 13, and Arifa, 9, and nine-month-old son Saad.
Rehena’s husband Mostafa Kamal found his wife’s body hanging from ceiling of a room and bodies of the children lying on the floor in another room of their rented house in Ranabhola Battola area around 12:15 am, Mahbub-e-Khuda, officer-in-charge of Turag Police Station, told The Daily Star.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Dhaka Medical College for autopsy, he said adding that law enforcers were investigating the incident.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 2 women surrender as cops cordon off Meherpur ‘militant den’
- Court orders de-sealing of hotel room where Sunanda died
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Deaths
- 22 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Jagga Jasoos actress found dead in Gurgaon flat