Mother, 3 children found dead in Dhaka
Published : 09 Jun 2017, 10:45
Police recovered bodies of a woman and her three children from their house in Dhaka’s Turag area early today.
The deceased were identified as Rehena Parvin, 35, her daughters Shanta, 13, and Arifa, 9, and nine-month-old son Saad.
Rehena’s husband Mostafa Kamal found his wife’s body hanging from ceiling of a room and bodies of the children lying on the floor in another room of their rented house in Ranabhola Battola area around 12:15 am, Mahbub-e-Khuda, officer-in-charge of Turag Police Station, told The Daily Star.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Dhaka Medical College for autopsy, he said adding that law enforcers were investigating the incident.
- Most viewed
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- 18 January Deaths
- 18 January Births
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh