Mother, 3 children found dead in Dhaka
Published : 09 Jun 2017, 10:45
Police recovered bodies of a woman and her three children from their house in Dhaka’s Turag area early today.
The deceased were identified as Rehena Parvin, 35, her daughters Shanta, 13, and Arifa, 9, and nine-month-old son Saad.
Rehena’s husband Mostafa Kamal found his wife’s body hanging from ceiling of a room and bodies of the children lying on the floor in another room of their rented house in Ranabhola Battola area around 12:15 am, Mahbub-e-Khuda, officer-in-charge of Turag Police Station, told The Daily Star.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Dhaka Medical College for autopsy, he said adding that law enforcers were investigating the incident.
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism