Mother, 3 children found dead in Dhaka
Published : 09 Jun 2017, 10:45
Police recovered bodies of a woman and her three children from their house in Dhaka’s Turag area early today.
The deceased were identified as Rehena Parvin, 35, her daughters Shanta, 13, and Arifa, 9, and nine-month-old son Saad.
Rehena’s husband Mostafa Kamal found his wife’s body hanging from ceiling of a room and bodies of the children lying on the floor in another room of their rented house in Ranabhola Battola area around 12:15 am, Mahbub-e-Khuda, officer-in-charge of Turag Police Station, told The Daily Star.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Dhaka Medical College for autopsy, he said adding that law enforcers were investigating the incident.
- Most viewed
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Events
- 12 tips on how to maintain wooden floors
- World running out of antibiotics!
- Five foods you should avoid eating on empty stomach
- Cranberries may help cut urinary tract infections
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Hasina expects no help from Trump on Rohingya issue