8 ‘Neo JMB’ members surrender during raid at ‘militant den’ in Rajshahi
Published : 12 Jun 2017, 11:19
Eight members of “Neo JMB” surrendered early today after law enforcers cordoned off a house in Tanore upazila of Rajshahi suspecting it a militant den.
The detainees are: Ramjan Ali, his wife Ayesha Begum, their two sons Ibrahim Hossain and Israfil Hossain, and daughter Hawa Khatun, two daughter-in-laws Morzina Khatun and Haresa Khatun, and a son-in-law Rabiul Islam.
The law enforcers cordoned off the house of Ramjan Ali of Dangapara village under Pachandar union around 11:00pm last night following information that Ramjan and his family members are involved in militancy.
The seven suspected militants along with four children surrendered after a team of counter-terrorism unit from Bogra along with Rajshahi district police conducted the drive, said Asaduzzaman, superintendent of police in Bogra.
The law enforcers also recovered two suicide vests, a pistol, six rounds of bullets and a magazine from the house.
“We have handed over the detainees to Rajshahi district police on their surrender,” Asaduzzaman further said.
A top police official in Rajshahi confirmed our local correspondent that the detainees are “Neo JMB” members.
Last reported, the law enforcers were conducting raid in the house till 10:00am.
- Most viewed
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge