8 ‘Neo JMB’ members surrender during raid at ‘militant den’ in Rajshahi
Published : 12 Jun 2017, 11:19
Eight members of “Neo JMB” surrendered early today after law enforcers cordoned off a house in Tanore upazila of Rajshahi suspecting it a militant den.
The detainees are: Ramjan Ali, his wife Ayesha Begum, their two sons Ibrahim Hossain and Israfil Hossain, and daughter Hawa Khatun, two daughter-in-laws Morzina Khatun and Haresa Khatun, and a son-in-law Rabiul Islam.
The law enforcers cordoned off the house of Ramjan Ali of Dangapara village under Pachandar union around 11:00pm last night following information that Ramjan and his family members are involved in militancy.
The seven suspected militants along with four children surrendered after a team of counter-terrorism unit from Bogra along with Rajshahi district police conducted the drive, said Asaduzzaman, superintendent of police in Bogra.
The law enforcers also recovered two suicide vests, a pistol, six rounds of bullets and a magazine from the house.
“We have handed over the detainees to Rajshahi district police on their surrender,” Asaduzzaman further said.
A top police official in Rajshahi confirmed our local correspondent that the detainees are “Neo JMB” members.
Last reported, the law enforcers were conducting raid in the house till 10:00am.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu