8 ‘Neo JMB’ members surrender during raid at ‘militant den’ in Rajshahi
Published : 12 Jun 2017, 11:19
Eight members of “Neo JMB” surrendered early today after law enforcers cordoned off a house in Tanore upazila of Rajshahi suspecting it a militant den.
The detainees are: Ramjan Ali, his wife Ayesha Begum, their two sons Ibrahim Hossain and Israfil Hossain, and daughter Hawa Khatun, two daughter-in-laws Morzina Khatun and Haresa Khatun, and a son-in-law Rabiul Islam.
The law enforcers cordoned off the house of Ramjan Ali of Dangapara village under Pachandar union around 11:00pm last night following information that Ramjan and his family members are involved in militancy.
The seven suspected militants along with four children surrendered after a team of counter-terrorism unit from Bogra along with Rajshahi district police conducted the drive, said Asaduzzaman, superintendent of police in Bogra.
The law enforcers also recovered two suicide vests, a pistol, six rounds of bullets and a magazine from the house.
“We have handed over the detainees to Rajshahi district police on their surrender,” Asaduzzaman further said.
A top police official in Rajshahi confirmed our local correspondent that the detainees are “Neo JMB” members.
Last reported, the law enforcers were conducting raid in the house till 10:00am.
- Most viewed
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- 1000-handed idol of Durga
- Woman’s throat-slit body found, 4 arrested
- Merkel wins 4th term as nationalists enter German parliament
- UN finds rape evidence in Myanmar's crackdown on Rohingyas
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents