8 ‘Neo JMB’ members surrender during raid at ‘militant den’ in Rajshahi
Published : 12 Jun 2017, 11:19
Eight members of “Neo JMB” surrendered early today after law enforcers cordoned off a house in Tanore upazila of Rajshahi suspecting it a militant den.
The detainees are: Ramjan Ali, his wife Ayesha Begum, their two sons Ibrahim Hossain and Israfil Hossain, and daughter Hawa Khatun, two daughter-in-laws Morzina Khatun and Haresa Khatun, and a son-in-law Rabiul Islam.
The law enforcers cordoned off the house of Ramjan Ali of Dangapara village under Pachandar union around 11:00pm last night following information that Ramjan and his family members are involved in militancy.
The seven suspected militants along with four children surrendered after a team of counter-terrorism unit from Bogra along with Rajshahi district police conducted the drive, said Asaduzzaman, superintendent of police in Bogra.
The law enforcers also recovered two suicide vests, a pistol, six rounds of bullets and a magazine from the house.
“We have handed over the detainees to Rajshahi district police on their surrender,” Asaduzzaman further said.
A top police official in Rajshahi confirmed our local correspondent that the detainees are “Neo JMB” members.
Last reported, the law enforcers were conducting raid in the house till 10:00am.
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 22 July Events
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina