Women to be empowered: Mosharraf
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:25
Local Government and Rural Development (LGRD) and Cooperatives Minister Engineer Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain said the empowerment of women would be promoted to enhance the development of the country in a greater extent.
" AL government is working to empower women as they make up 50 percent of total population," the minister said this while addressing at a discussion and Iftar Mahfil arranged for the women on Thursday evening at his Badarpur residence in the town.
The minister also urged the women to come forward to strengthen the hands of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the next election.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM