Women to be empowered: Mosharraf
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:25
Local Government and Rural Development (LGRD) and Cooperatives Minister Engineer Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain said the empowerment of women would be promoted to enhance the development of the country in a greater extent.
" AL government is working to empower women as they make up 50 percent of total population," the minister said this while addressing at a discussion and Iftar Mahfil arranged for the women on Thursday evening at his Badarpur residence in the town.
The minister also urged the women to come forward to strengthen the hands of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the next election.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists