Women to be empowered: Mosharraf
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:25
Local Government and Rural Development (LGRD) and Cooperatives Minister Engineer Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain said the empowerment of women would be promoted to enhance the development of the country in a greater extent.
" AL government is working to empower women as they make up 50 percent of total population," the minister said this while addressing at a discussion and Iftar Mahfil arranged for the women on Thursday evening at his Badarpur residence in the town.
The minister also urged the women to come forward to strengthen the hands of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the next election.
- Most viewed
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 15 October Deaths
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations