Women to be empowered: Mosharraf
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:25
Local Government and Rural Development (LGRD) and Cooperatives Minister Engineer Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain said the empowerment of women would be promoted to enhance the development of the country in a greater extent.
" AL government is working to empower women as they make up 50 percent of total population," the minister said this while addressing at a discussion and Iftar Mahfil arranged for the women on Thursday evening at his Badarpur residence in the town.
The minister also urged the women to come forward to strengthen the hands of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the next election.
- Most viewed
- Priya Prakash Varrier is not allowed to use a mobile phone
- PM goes to Tungipara tomorrow to pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Suicide trend among women on the rise in Sylhet
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- 16 March Deaths
- 16 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims