Women to be empowered: Mosharraf
Published : 17 Jun 2017, 16:25
Local Government and Rural Development (LGRD) and Cooperatives Minister Engineer Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain said the empowerment of women would be promoted to enhance the development of the country in a greater extent.
" AL government is working to empower women as they make up 50 percent of total population," the minister said this while addressing at a discussion and Iftar Mahfil arranged for the women on Thursday evening at his Badarpur residence in the town.
The minister also urged the women to come forward to strengthen the hands of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the next election.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack