Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
Published : 19 Jun 2017, 13:01
A Dhaka court on Monday set July 9 as the date to frame charges after taking it into cognizance against five accused, including Shafat and Shadman, in the Banani rape case.
The Judge of Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Shafiul Azam set the date this morning after rejecting the bail pleas of the five accused.
Shafat Ahmed and Nayem Ashraf were charged for rape and Shadman Sakif, Shafat's driver Billal Hossain and bodyguard Rahmat Ali for assisting in the offence.
On June 8, police pressed charges against all the accused in the case.
Earlier, the case filed on charge of the rape of two university studentsin a Banani hotel was transferred to the tribunal from the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Delwar Hossain on June 11.
Two female private university students were allegedly raped at Raintree hotel in Banani of the capital on March 28. One of the victims filed a case with Banani Police Station on May 6.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists