Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
Published : 19 Jun 2017, 13:01
A Dhaka court on Monday set July 9 as the date to frame charges after taking it into cognizance against five accused, including Shafat and Shadman, in the Banani rape case.
The Judge of Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Shafiul Azam set the date this morning after rejecting the bail pleas of the five accused.
Shafat Ahmed and Nayem Ashraf were charged for rape and Shadman Sakif, Shafat's driver Billal Hossain and bodyguard Rahmat Ali for assisting in the offence.
On June 8, police pressed charges against all the accused in the case.
Earlier, the case filed on charge of the rape of two university studentsin a Banani hotel was transferred to the tribunal from the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Delwar Hossain on June 11.
Two female private university students were allegedly raped at Raintree hotel in Banani of the capital on March 28. One of the victims filed a case with Banani Police Station on May 6.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack