Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
Published : 19 Jun 2017, 13:01
A Dhaka court on Monday set July 9 as the date to frame charges after taking it into cognizance against five accused, including Shafat and Shadman, in the Banani rape case.
The Judge of Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Shafiul Azam set the date this morning after rejecting the bail pleas of the five accused.
Shafat Ahmed and Nayem Ashraf were charged for rape and Shadman Sakif, Shafat's driver Billal Hossain and bodyguard Rahmat Ali for assisting in the offence.
On June 8, police pressed charges against all the accused in the case.
Earlier, the case filed on charge of the rape of two university studentsin a Banani hotel was transferred to the tribunal from the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Delwar Hossain on June 11.
Two female private university students were allegedly raped at Raintree hotel in Banani of the capital on March 28. One of the victims filed a case with Banani Police Station on May 6.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM