Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
Published : 19 Jun 2017, 13:01
A Dhaka court on Monday set July 9 as the date to frame charges after taking it into cognizance against five accused, including Shafat and Shadman, in the Banani rape case.
The Judge of Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Shafiul Azam set the date this morning after rejecting the bail pleas of the five accused.
Shafat Ahmed and Nayem Ashraf were charged for rape and Shadman Sakif, Shafat's driver Billal Hossain and bodyguard Rahmat Ali for assisting in the offence.
On June 8, police pressed charges against all the accused in the case.
Earlier, the case filed on charge of the rape of two university studentsin a Banani hotel was transferred to the tribunal from the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Delwar Hossain on June 11.
Two female private university students were allegedly raped at Raintree hotel in Banani of the capital on March 28. One of the victims filed a case with Banani Police Station on May 6.
- Most viewed
- Priya Prakash Varrier is not allowed to use a mobile phone
- PM goes to Tungipara tomorrow to pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Suicide trend among women on the rise in Sylhet
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- 16 March Deaths
- 16 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims