ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
Published : 23 Jun 2017, 16:51
A case was filed against an assistant sub-inspector of DB police, Hamidul Islam, on charge of violating a woman.
The victim filed the case against the ASI, now working at Rangpur range, with Chittagong Women and Children Repression Prevention Court-1 on Thursday afternoon.
Judge Rokhsana Begum of the court took the case into cognigence and asked the authorities concerned to conduct a medical test of the victim.
Muhammad Abdul Hamid, a lawyer of the plaintiff, said the accused Hamidul Islam, 36, had developed an affair with the woman when he was working at the Detective Branch (DB) of Chittagong Metropolitan Police.
Later, Hamidul used to take the woman to residential hotels and violated her with a promise to marry the woman but he later refused to marry her.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling