ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
Published : 23 Jun 2017, 16:51
A case was filed against an assistant sub-inspector of DB police, Hamidul Islam, on charge of violating a woman.
The victim filed the case against the ASI, now working at Rangpur range, with Chittagong Women and Children Repression Prevention Court-1 on Thursday afternoon.
Judge Rokhsana Begum of the court took the case into cognigence and asked the authorities concerned to conduct a medical test of the victim.
Muhammad Abdul Hamid, a lawyer of the plaintiff, said the accused Hamidul Islam, 36, had developed an affair with the woman when he was working at the Detective Branch (DB) of Chittagong Metropolitan Police.
Later, Hamidul used to take the woman to residential hotels and violated her with a promise to marry the woman but he later refused to marry her.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge