ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
Published : 23 Jun 2017, 16:51
A case was filed against an assistant sub-inspector of DB police, Hamidul Islam, on charge of violating a woman.
The victim filed the case against the ASI, now working at Rangpur range, with Chittagong Women and Children Repression Prevention Court-1 on Thursday afternoon.
Judge Rokhsana Begum of the court took the case into cognigence and asked the authorities concerned to conduct a medical test of the victim.
Muhammad Abdul Hamid, a lawyer of the plaintiff, said the accused Hamidul Islam, 36, had developed an affair with the woman when he was working at the Detective Branch (DB) of Chittagong Metropolitan Police.
Later, Hamidul used to take the woman to residential hotels and violated her with a promise to marry the woman but he later refused to marry her.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 2 women surrender as cops cordon off Meherpur ‘militant den’
- Court orders de-sealing of hotel room where Sunanda died
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Deaths
- 22 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters
- Jagga Jasoos actress found dead in Gurgaon flat
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns