ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
Published : 23 Jun 2017, 16:51
A case was filed against an assistant sub-inspector of DB police, Hamidul Islam, on charge of violating a woman.
The victim filed the case against the ASI, now working at Rangpur range, with Chittagong Women and Children Repression Prevention Court-1 on Thursday afternoon.
Judge Rokhsana Begum of the court took the case into cognigence and asked the authorities concerned to conduct a medical test of the victim.
Muhammad Abdul Hamid, a lawyer of the plaintiff, said the accused Hamidul Islam, 36, had developed an affair with the woman when he was working at the Detective Branch (DB) of Chittagong Metropolitan Police.
Later, Hamidul used to take the woman to residential hotels and violated her with a promise to marry the woman but he later refused to marry her.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking