ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
Published : 23 Jun 2017, 16:51
A case was filed against an assistant sub-inspector of DB police, Hamidul Islam, on charge of violating a woman.
The victim filed the case against the ASI, now working at Rangpur range, with Chittagong Women and Children Repression Prevention Court-1 on Thursday afternoon.
Judge Rokhsana Begum of the court took the case into cognigence and asked the authorities concerned to conduct a medical test of the victim.
Muhammad Abdul Hamid, a lawyer of the plaintiff, said the accused Hamidul Islam, 36, had developed an affair with the woman when he was working at the Detective Branch (DB) of Chittagong Metropolitan Police.
Later, Hamidul used to take the woman to residential hotels and violated her with a promise to marry the woman but he later refused to marry her.
- Most viewed
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- How to have beautiful toned body
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Priyanka at UN bats for girl empowerment
- Suu Kyi’s award suspended by UK union
- 4G service by December: Tarana
- Signal 3 to continue for maritime ports
- Schoolgirl foils forced marriage
- Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores (Video)
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Priyanka meets Jordan's Queen Rania
- Public property plunderers must face legal actions: PM
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- 16 September Births