Woman killed in city
Published : 03 Jul 2017, 14:14
The on duty doctors of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Monday morning (July 03) declared a woman dead after she was admitted to the hospital following injuries.
The deceased was identified as Firoza Begum, 50, wife of Ali Hossain of Raipur upazila in Lakshipur district. She along with his son Jasim used to live in a rented residence at Kamalbagh area of Chawkbazar in the city.
Sub-inspector (SI) of Chawkbazar police station Muntaz Ali said that they found the woman in critically injured at her residence. She might be attacked in the midnight. She was rescued in the morning and taken to the DMCH.
Firoza’s cousin Md Rasel said that Firoza was staying in the residence alone. Her son was outside during the incident.
- Most viewed
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- PM seeks expeditious UN attempts to end Rohingya crisis
- 23 September Deaths
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Events
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike