Woman killed in city
Published : 03 Jul 2017, 14:14
The on duty doctors of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Monday morning (July 03) declared a woman dead after she was admitted to the hospital following injuries.
The deceased was identified as Firoza Begum, 50, wife of Ali Hossain of Raipur upazila in Lakshipur district. She along with his son Jasim used to live in a rented residence at Kamalbagh area of Chawkbazar in the city.
Sub-inspector (SI) of Chawkbazar police station Muntaz Ali said that they found the woman in critically injured at her residence. She might be attacked in the midnight. She was rescued in the morning and taken to the DMCH.
Firoza’s cousin Md Rasel said that Firoza was staying in the residence alone. Her son was outside during the incident.
- Most viewed
- 'Hotel Transylvania' books spot at top of box office
- Khaleda denied bail in Narail defamation case
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums