Death toll in Gazipur factory blast rises to 9
Published : 04 Jul 2017, 11:06
Another worker who suffered injuries in a boiler explosion at a readymade garment (RMG) factory in the city's Nayarapara area on Monday evening, died at night in Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), raising the death toll from the incident to nine.
However, the deceased could not be identified yet.
Earliar, at least eight people were killed and around 50 others injured in the boiler explosion.
The injured were admitted to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital and DMCH where one of the injured succumbed to his injuries at night, sources at the DMCH said.
Meanwhile, the authorities of Multi-Fabs Ltd, where the boiler exploded, closed the factory for an indefinite period, said workers of the factory.
Besides, the authorities of 10 garments factories of the area closed their factories for Tuesday following the incident.
- Most viewed
- 20 February Deaths
- 20 February Births
- 20 February Events
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife