Death toll in Gazipur factory blast rises to 9
Published : 04 Jul 2017, 11:06
Another worker who suffered injuries in a boiler explosion at a readymade garment (RMG) factory in the city's Nayarapara area on Monday evening, died at night in Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), raising the death toll from the incident to nine.
However, the deceased could not be identified yet.
Earliar, at least eight people were killed and around 50 others injured in the boiler explosion.
The injured were admitted to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital and DMCH where one of the injured succumbed to his injuries at night, sources at the DMCH said.
Meanwhile, the authorities of Multi-Fabs Ltd, where the boiler exploded, closed the factory for an indefinite period, said workers of the factory.
Besides, the authorities of 10 garments factories of the area closed their factories for Tuesday following the incident.
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Events
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief