Death toll in Gazipur factory blast rises to 9
Published : 04 Jul 2017, 11:06
Another worker who suffered injuries in a boiler explosion at a readymade garment (RMG) factory in the city's Nayarapara area on Monday evening, died at night in Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), raising the death toll from the incident to nine.
However, the deceased could not be identified yet.
Earliar, at least eight people were killed and around 50 others injured in the boiler explosion.
The injured were admitted to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital and DMCH where one of the injured succumbed to his injuries at night, sources at the DMCH said.
Meanwhile, the authorities of Multi-Fabs Ltd, where the boiler exploded, closed the factory for an indefinite period, said workers of the factory.
Besides, the authorities of 10 garments factories of the area closed their factories for Tuesday following the incident.
- Most viewed
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Kill depression with small lifestyle changes
- Hamburgers may be more dangerous than you think
- Strawberry wine: Cheers to good health!
- 5 held for 'gang-raping' Pabna schoolgirls
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Govt. to continue food assistance to flood-hit people: PM
- 21 August Deaths
- 21 August Births
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom