Death toll in Gazipur factory blast rises to 9
Published : 04 Jul 2017, 11:06
Another worker who suffered injuries in a boiler explosion at a readymade garment (RMG) factory in the city's Nayarapara area on Monday evening, died at night in Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), raising the death toll from the incident to nine.
However, the deceased could not be identified yet.
Earliar, at least eight people were killed and around 50 others injured in the boiler explosion.
The injured were admitted to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital and DMCH where one of the injured succumbed to his injuries at night, sources at the DMCH said.
Meanwhile, the authorities of Multi-Fabs Ltd, where the boiler exploded, closed the factory for an indefinite period, said workers of the factory.
Besides, the authorities of 10 garments factories of the area closed their factories for Tuesday following the incident.
- Most viewed
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held
- Speaker for forging unity to uphold human rights
- Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
- PM leaves for Paris to attend 'One Planet Summit
- 11 December Deaths