‘Jessore housewife strangled to death’
Published : 05 Jul 2017, 11:29
A housewife of Shangkarpur Chopdarpara area in Jessore town, who reportedly committed suicide on April 2, had actually been strangled to death, according to autopsy report.
Earlier, family members had taken Khukumoni to Jessore 250-bed Hospital citing that she was injured as she tried to commit suicide. Later, duty doctor of the hospital declared her dead.
Meanwhile, police took initiative to conduct an autopsy of the body as they found injury marks on the neck of the victim while making viscera report.
As per autopsy report, Khukumoni was strangled to death.
Besides, police also found evidence of family dispute over dowry during primary investigation.
According to police investigation, Khukumoni’s husband Antar Ali along with his family members used to torture her.
Following the incident, Kaiyum Munshi, sub-inspector of Kotwali Model Police Station, on Tuesday night, filed a murder case against Antar Ali Molla, 25, husband of the victim.
Police are trying to arrest the accused.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- Bangladesh's graduation to developing country a slap to critics: PM
- 16-year-old Mitu first Bangladeshi girl to cross Bangla Channel
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 20 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin