‘Jessore housewife strangled to death’
Published : 05 Jul 2017, 11:29
A housewife of Shangkarpur Chopdarpara area in Jessore town, who reportedly committed suicide on April 2, had actually been strangled to death, according to autopsy report.
Earlier, family members had taken Khukumoni to Jessore 250-bed Hospital citing that she was injured as she tried to commit suicide. Later, duty doctor of the hospital declared her dead.
Meanwhile, police took initiative to conduct an autopsy of the body as they found injury marks on the neck of the victim while making viscera report.
As per autopsy report, Khukumoni was strangled to death.
Besides, police also found evidence of family dispute over dowry during primary investigation.
According to police investigation, Khukumoni’s husband Antar Ali along with his family members used to torture her.
Following the incident, Kaiyum Munshi, sub-inspector of Kotwali Model Police Station, on Tuesday night, filed a murder case against Antar Ali Molla, 25, husband of the victim.
Police are trying to arrest the accused.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters