2 lakh working poor mothers to get allowance, training
Published : 06 Jul 2017, 12:44
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki yesterday said about 2 lakhs poor working mothers will be entitled to allowance and training under a programme in the country's towns for creating awareness about mother and child health.
Such a pious initiative has been launched under the 'Working Lactating Mother Assistance Fund Programme' to make nutritious food available for the poor working mothers living in the urban areas, said the state minister as the chief guest at a view-exchange meeting with the field level NGO workers at the Women Affairs Directorate here.
The programme is being implemented in the areas of all city corporations, district and upazila headquarters and municipalities.
Under the programme, each working mother will get Taka 500 per month and they will also be imparted training on maternal health, child health, breast-feeding, sanitation, reproductive health, vaccination, family planning and prevention of child marriage.
Chaired by Acting Director General of the Women Affairs Directorate Mahmuda Sharmin Benu, the meeting was also addressed, among others, by Women and Children Affairs Secretary Nasima Begum and Additional Secretary Mizanur Rahman as special guests.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 2 women surrender as cops cordon off Meherpur ‘militant den’
- Court orders de-sealing of hotel room where Sunanda died
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Deaths
- 22 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters
- Jagga Jasoos actress found dead in Gurgaon flat
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns