2 lakh working poor mothers to get allowance, training
Published : 06 Jul 2017, 12:44
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki yesterday said about 2 lakhs poor working mothers will be entitled to allowance and training under a programme in the country's towns for creating awareness about mother and child health.
Such a pious initiative has been launched under the 'Working Lactating Mother Assistance Fund Programme' to make nutritious food available for the poor working mothers living in the urban areas, said the state minister as the chief guest at a view-exchange meeting with the field level NGO workers at the Women Affairs Directorate here.
The programme is being implemented in the areas of all city corporations, district and upazila headquarters and municipalities.
Under the programme, each working mother will get Taka 500 per month and they will also be imparted training on maternal health, child health, breast-feeding, sanitation, reproductive health, vaccination, family planning and prevention of child marriage.
Chaired by Acting Director General of the Women Affairs Directorate Mahmuda Sharmin Benu, the meeting was also addressed, among others, by Women and Children Affairs Secretary Nasima Begum and Additional Secretary Mizanur Rahman as special guests.
- Most viewed
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Events
- 12 tips on how to maintain wooden floors
- World running out of antibiotics!
- Five foods you should avoid eating on empty stomach
- Cranberries may help cut urinary tract infections
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Hasina expects no help from Trump on Rohingya issue