2 lakh working poor mothers to get allowance, training
Published : 06 Jul 2017, 12:44
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki yesterday said about 2 lakhs poor working mothers will be entitled to allowance and training under a programme in the country's towns for creating awareness about mother and child health.
Such a pious initiative has been launched under the 'Working Lactating Mother Assistance Fund Programme' to make nutritious food available for the poor working mothers living in the urban areas, said the state minister as the chief guest at a view-exchange meeting with the field level NGO workers at the Women Affairs Directorate here.
The programme is being implemented in the areas of all city corporations, district and upazila headquarters and municipalities.
Under the programme, each working mother will get Taka 500 per month and they will also be imparted training on maternal health, child health, breast-feeding, sanitation, reproductive health, vaccination, family planning and prevention of child marriage.
Chaired by Acting Director General of the Women Affairs Directorate Mahmuda Sharmin Benu, the meeting was also addressed, among others, by Women and Children Affairs Secretary Nasima Begum and Additional Secretary Mizanur Rahman as special guests.
- Most viewed
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- 18 January Deaths
- 18 January Births
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh