2 lakh working poor mothers to get allowance, training
Published : 06 Jul 2017, 12:44
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki yesterday said about 2 lakhs poor working mothers will be entitled to allowance and training under a programme in the country's towns for creating awareness about mother and child health.
Such a pious initiative has been launched under the 'Working Lactating Mother Assistance Fund Programme' to make nutritious food available for the poor working mothers living in the urban areas, said the state minister as the chief guest at a view-exchange meeting with the field level NGO workers at the Women Affairs Directorate here.
The programme is being implemented in the areas of all city corporations, district and upazila headquarters and municipalities.
Under the programme, each working mother will get Taka 500 per month and they will also be imparted training on maternal health, child health, breast-feeding, sanitation, reproductive health, vaccination, family planning and prevention of child marriage.
Chaired by Acting Director General of the Women Affairs Directorate Mahmuda Sharmin Benu, the meeting was also addressed, among others, by Women and Children Affairs Secretary Nasima Begum and Additional Secretary Mizanur Rahman as special guests.
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism