2 lakh working poor mothers to get allowance, training
Published : 06 Jul 2017, 12:44
State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki yesterday said about 2 lakhs poor working mothers will be entitled to allowance and training under a programme in the country's towns for creating awareness about mother and child health.
Such a pious initiative has been launched under the 'Working Lactating Mother Assistance Fund Programme' to make nutritious food available for the poor working mothers living in the urban areas, said the state minister as the chief guest at a view-exchange meeting with the field level NGO workers at the Women Affairs Directorate here.
The programme is being implemented in the areas of all city corporations, district and upazila headquarters and municipalities.
Under the programme, each working mother will get Taka 500 per month and they will also be imparted training on maternal health, child health, breast-feeding, sanitation, reproductive health, vaccination, family planning and prevention of child marriage.
Chaired by Acting Director General of the Women Affairs Directorate Mahmuda Sharmin Benu, the meeting was also addressed, among others, by Women and Children Affairs Secretary Nasima Begum and Additional Secretary Mizanur Rahman as special guests.
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)