JnU teacher dismissed for ‘sexually harassing’ female students
Published : 10 Jul 2017, 14:11
Jagannath University authorities on Sunday dismissed a teacher of the university on charge of sexually harassing female students.
The action was taken against Mir Mosharraf Hossain, assistant professor of the Mass Communication and Journalism Department.
The decision was taken at a Syndicate meeting held at the vice-chancellor's office with VC Mizanur Rahman in the chair, said proctor Noor Mohammad.
On 26 April last year, the JnU authorities suspended Rajib on the charge.
Eight female students of the department lodged separate complaints against the teacher to the university authorities.
Later, a five-member committee was formed to probe the incident.
The committee submitted its report to the VC on 12 April. During investigation, the committee found the allegations to be true.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling