JnU teacher dismissed for ‘sexually harassing’ female students
Published : 10 Jul 2017, 14:11
Jagannath University authorities on Sunday dismissed a teacher of the university on charge of sexually harassing female students.
The action was taken against Mir Mosharraf Hossain, assistant professor of the Mass Communication and Journalism Department.
The decision was taken at a Syndicate meeting held at the vice-chancellor's office with VC Mizanur Rahman in the chair, said proctor Noor Mohammad.
On 26 April last year, the JnU authorities suspended Rajib on the charge.
Eight female students of the department lodged separate complaints against the teacher to the university authorities.
Later, a five-member committee was formed to probe the incident.
The committee submitted its report to the VC on 12 April. During investigation, the committee found the allegations to be true.
- Most viewed
- From April, tourists can stay at Taj Mahal only for 3 hours
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday