PM gives financial assistance to families of slain BCL leader, AL leaders
Published : 11 Jul 2017, 11:26
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday gave financial assistance of Taka 35 lakh to the families of a slain Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) leader and two late Awami League leaders.
The prime minister handed over the cheques for the amount at her Jatiya Sangsad Office here this evening.
Nasima Aktar, mother of Iqbal Bahar Chowdhury Biplab, president of Dattapara union Chhatra League in Lakshmipur, received the financial assistance from the prime minister.
Biplab, who was seriously injured by the BNP cadres on January 10 in 2002, died on January 13.
His father Nurunnabi who filed a case in this regard was also killed by the BNP terrorists on September 13 in 2002.
Sheikh Hasina handed over financial assistance to Rezia Begum, wife of late Shamsu Mia, a Provincial Assembly member from greater Sylhet.
Chowdhury Moti Meher, wife of late Lutfor Rahman Sarkum, former president of Chhatak upazila Awami League in Sunamganj, received the financial assistance from the premier.
Prime Minister's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim was present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- 18 January Deaths
- 18 January Births
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh