PM gives financial assistance to families of slain BCL leader, AL leaders
Published : 11 Jul 2017, 11:26
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday gave financial assistance of Taka 35 lakh to the families of a slain Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) leader and two late Awami League leaders.
The prime minister handed over the cheques for the amount at her Jatiya Sangsad Office here this evening.
Nasima Aktar, mother of Iqbal Bahar Chowdhury Biplab, president of Dattapara union Chhatra League in Lakshmipur, received the financial assistance from the prime minister.
Biplab, who was seriously injured by the BNP cadres on January 10 in 2002, died on January 13.
His father Nurunnabi who filed a case in this regard was also killed by the BNP terrorists on September 13 in 2002.
Sheikh Hasina handed over financial assistance to Rezia Begum, wife of late Shamsu Mia, a Provincial Assembly member from greater Sylhet.
Chowdhury Moti Meher, wife of late Lutfor Rahman Sarkum, former president of Chhatak upazila Awami League in Sunamganj, received the financial assistance from the premier.
Prime Minister's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim was present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling