PM gives financial assistance to families of slain BCL leader, AL leaders
Published : 11 Jul 2017, 11:26
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday gave financial assistance of Taka 35 lakh to the families of a slain Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) leader and two late Awami League leaders.
The prime minister handed over the cheques for the amount at her Jatiya Sangsad Office here this evening.
Nasima Aktar, mother of Iqbal Bahar Chowdhury Biplab, president of Dattapara union Chhatra League in Lakshmipur, received the financial assistance from the prime minister.
Biplab, who was seriously injured by the BNP cadres on January 10 in 2002, died on January 13.
His father Nurunnabi who filed a case in this regard was also killed by the BNP terrorists on September 13 in 2002.
Sheikh Hasina handed over financial assistance to Rezia Begum, wife of late Shamsu Mia, a Provincial Assembly member from greater Sylhet.
Chowdhury Moti Meher, wife of late Lutfor Rahman Sarkum, former president of Chhatak upazila Awami League in Sunamganj, received the financial assistance from the premier.
Prime Minister's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim was present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- PM opens BNA Bangabandhu Complex in Chittagong
- Fake profiles boosted Brazilian ex-president Dilma
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Myanmar president, close Suu Kyi friend, says he's retiring
- 21 March Deaths
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation