PM gives financial assistance to families of slain BCL leader, AL leaders
Published : 11 Jul 2017, 11:26
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday gave financial assistance of Taka 35 lakh to the families of a slain Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) leader and two late Awami League leaders.
The prime minister handed over the cheques for the amount at her Jatiya Sangsad Office here this evening.
Nasima Aktar, mother of Iqbal Bahar Chowdhury Biplab, president of Dattapara union Chhatra League in Lakshmipur, received the financial assistance from the prime minister.
Biplab, who was seriously injured by the BNP cadres on January 10 in 2002, died on January 13.
His father Nurunnabi who filed a case in this regard was also killed by the BNP terrorists on September 13 in 2002.
Sheikh Hasina handed over financial assistance to Rezia Begum, wife of late Shamsu Mia, a Provincial Assembly member from greater Sylhet.
Chowdhury Moti Meher, wife of late Lutfor Rahman Sarkum, former president of Chhatak upazila Awami League in Sunamganj, received the financial assistance from the premier.
Prime Minister's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim was present on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- 22 July Events
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina