PM for ensuring reproductive healthcare at grassroots
Published : 11 Jul 2017, 13:23
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday called upon all concerned to ensure the optimum utilization of service infrastructures at grassroots in the case of reproductive healthcare, family planning, maternal and child healthcare services.
She urged the private organisations, mass media and conscious individuals and institutions to come forward in this regard alongside the government.
The prime minister said these in a message on the eve of World Population Day.
Sheikh Hasina described the slogan of the day of this year "Family Planning, Empowering People, Developing Nations" a time befitting one.
She said there is no alternative to family planning for the overall development of Bangladesh.
Family planning plays an important role to ensure sustainable development and progress for a country, she added.
"If the recipients of family planning service increase, maternal and child mortality rate will reduce, unexpected pregnancy will be prevented and maternal health will remain good," she said.
Sheikh Hasina said the Awami League led government has been working relentlessly for the development of living standard of the people.
"We are implementing different initiatives to ensure empowerment and development of people through ensuring planned families," she said.
The Prime Minister said the present government has taken an initiative to reach health services to the doorsteps of rural poor people through setting up one community clinic for every 6,000 people.
She said 30,000 satellite clinics and field workers of family planning directorate are providing maternal and child healthcare and consultation and health tips for family planning.
Because of the initiatives, maternal and child mortality rate have reduced and the number of planned families is increasing day by day, she added.
She wished overall success of World Population Day 2017.
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- 22 July Events
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina