Prime accused of Savar ‘gang-rape’ arrested
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 13:52
The police arrested the prime accused in a case filed over the alleged gang-rape of two girls from Manikganj district on Tuesday.
Tipped off, a team of Savar police station with the help of Manikganj police launched a raid in Charkhalshi area of Daulatpur upazila in the afternoon and arrested Liton Mondal, a former source of police.
The police earlier arrested two other accused in the case.
On 6 July, Liton called the two girls over phone in Savar from Gazipur promising to give them opportunity of modelling and he along with his associates confined them to a room on the first floor of a six-storey building in Sobhanbagh in Savar municipality and raped them in turns.
Hearing screams of the victims, locals and a team of Detective Branch (DB) of police rushed in and rescued the two girls on 7 July morning.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Tamannaah: Always motivated by roles that alleviate women
- Salt to taste is not just for taste
- The naturally beautiful no-makeup look!
- Embracing a balanced diet for stress free living
- Navratra fast special: Papri Chaat
- Durga Puja begins tomorrow amid festivity
- World's ‘heaviest’ woman Eman Ahmed dies in Abu Dhabi
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- 1000-handed idol of Durga
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents