Prime accused of Savar ‘gang-rape’ arrested
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 13:52
The police arrested the prime accused in a case filed over the alleged gang-rape of two girls from Manikganj district on Tuesday.
Tipped off, a team of Savar police station with the help of Manikganj police launched a raid in Charkhalshi area of Daulatpur upazila in the afternoon and arrested Liton Mondal, a former source of police.
The police earlier arrested two other accused in the case.
On 6 July, Liton called the two girls over phone in Savar from Gazipur promising to give them opportunity of modelling and he along with his associates confined them to a room on the first floor of a six-storey building in Sobhanbagh in Savar municipality and raped them in turns.
Hearing screams of the victims, locals and a team of Detective Branch (DB) of police rushed in and rescued the two girls on 7 July morning.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors