Prime accused of Savar ‘gang-rape’ arrested
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 13:52
The police arrested the prime accused in a case filed over the alleged gang-rape of two girls from Manikganj district on Tuesday.
Tipped off, a team of Savar police station with the help of Manikganj police launched a raid in Charkhalshi area of Daulatpur upazila in the afternoon and arrested Liton Mondal, a former source of police.
The police earlier arrested two other accused in the case.
On 6 July, Liton called the two girls over phone in Savar from Gazipur promising to give them opportunity of modelling and he along with his associates confined them to a room on the first floor of a six-storey building in Sobhanbagh in Savar municipality and raped them in turns.
Hearing screams of the victims, locals and a team of Detective Branch (DB) of police rushed in and rescued the two girls on 7 July morning.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking