Prime accused of Savar ‘gang-rape’ arrested
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 13:52
The police arrested the prime accused in a case filed over the alleged gang-rape of two girls from Manikganj district on Tuesday.
Tipped off, a team of Savar police station with the help of Manikganj police launched a raid in Charkhalshi area of Daulatpur upazila in the afternoon and arrested Liton Mondal, a former source of police.
The police earlier arrested two other accused in the case.
On 6 July, Liton called the two girls over phone in Savar from Gazipur promising to give them opportunity of modelling and he along with his associates confined them to a room on the first floor of a six-storey building in Sobhanbagh in Savar municipality and raped them in turns.
Hearing screams of the victims, locals and a team of Detective Branch (DB) of police rushed in and rescued the two girls on 7 July morning.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf