Prime accused of Savar ‘gang-rape’ arrested
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 13:52
The police arrested the prime accused in a case filed over the alleged gang-rape of two girls from Manikganj district on Tuesday.
Tipped off, a team of Savar police station with the help of Manikganj police launched a raid in Charkhalshi area of Daulatpur upazila in the afternoon and arrested Liton Mondal, a former source of police.
The police earlier arrested two other accused in the case.
On 6 July, Liton called the two girls over phone in Savar from Gazipur promising to give them opportunity of modelling and he along with his associates confined them to a room on the first floor of a six-storey building in Sobhanbagh in Savar municipality and raped them in turns.
Hearing screams of the victims, locals and a team of Detective Branch (DB) of police rushed in and rescued the two girls on 7 July morning.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 5th anniv of Rana Plaza tragedy today
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail