Ivan makes ‘confession’ over rape
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 18:43
Bahauddin Ivan, the lone accused in a case filed on charge of raping a young girl at his Banani house reportedly made a confessional statement before a court on Wednesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sabbir Yeasir Ahsan Chowdhury recorded the statement of Ivan when Sultana Akter, sub-inspector of Banani Police Station and also the investigation officer of the case, produced him before the court on completion of his four-day remand.
The court also sent the accused to jail.
Earlier, on July 7, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Mazharul Islam placed Ivan on the remand.
On July 5, a young girl filed the case against him for reportedly violating her after inviting her to his 'birthday party' at a house in the city's Banani area on July 4.
According to the first information report (FIR) the victim met Ivan on Facebook 11 months back and both have been in an affair since then.
On July 4 night, Ivan invited the girl to his birthday party at his Banani residence saying he wanted to introduce her to his mother.
However, he violated the girl after confining her to his residence and drove her out around 3:30 am on July 5, added the FIR.
Later, Rab members arrested Ivan from Majhdair in Narayanganj district on July 6.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US