Ivan makes ‘confession’ over rape
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 18:43
Bahauddin Ivan, the lone accused in a case filed on charge of raping a young girl at his Banani house reportedly made a confessional statement before a court on Wednesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sabbir Yeasir Ahsan Chowdhury recorded the statement of Ivan when Sultana Akter, sub-inspector of Banani Police Station and also the investigation officer of the case, produced him before the court on completion of his four-day remand.
The court also sent the accused to jail.
Earlier, on July 7, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Mazharul Islam placed Ivan on the remand.
On July 5, a young girl filed the case against him for reportedly violating her after inviting her to his 'birthday party' at a house in the city's Banani area on July 4.
According to the first information report (FIR) the victim met Ivan on Facebook 11 months back and both have been in an affair since then.
On July 4 night, Ivan invited the girl to his birthday party at his Banani residence saying he wanted to introduce her to his mother.
However, he violated the girl after confining her to his residence and drove her out around 3:30 am on July 5, added the FIR.
Later, Rab members arrested Ivan from Majhdair in Narayanganj district on July 6.
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 5th anniv of Rana Plaza tragedy today
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail