Ivan makes ‘confession’ over rape
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 18:43
Bahauddin Ivan, the lone accused in a case filed on charge of raping a young girl at his Banani house reportedly made a confessional statement before a court on Wednesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sabbir Yeasir Ahsan Chowdhury recorded the statement of Ivan when Sultana Akter, sub-inspector of Banani Police Station and also the investigation officer of the case, produced him before the court on completion of his four-day remand.
The court also sent the accused to jail.
Earlier, on July 7, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Mazharul Islam placed Ivan on the remand.
On July 5, a young girl filed the case against him for reportedly violating her after inviting her to his 'birthday party' at a house in the city's Banani area on July 4.
According to the first information report (FIR) the victim met Ivan on Facebook 11 months back and both have been in an affair since then.
On July 4 night, Ivan invited the girl to his birthday party at his Banani residence saying he wanted to introduce her to his mother.
However, he violated the girl after confining her to his residence and drove her out around 3:30 am on July 5, added the FIR.
Later, Rab members arrested Ivan from Majhdair in Narayanganj district on July 6.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing