Ivan makes ‘confession’ over rape
Published : 12 Jul 2017, 18:43
Bahauddin Ivan, the lone accused in a case filed on charge of raping a young girl at his Banani house reportedly made a confessional statement before a court on Wednesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sabbir Yeasir Ahsan Chowdhury recorded the statement of Ivan when Sultana Akter, sub-inspector of Banani Police Station and also the investigation officer of the case, produced him before the court on completion of his four-day remand.
The court also sent the accused to jail.
Earlier, on July 7, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Mazharul Islam placed Ivan on the remand.
On July 5, a young girl filed the case against him for reportedly violating her after inviting her to his 'birthday party' at a house in the city's Banani area on July 4.
According to the first information report (FIR) the victim met Ivan on Facebook 11 months back and both have been in an affair since then.
On July 4 night, Ivan invited the girl to his birthday party at his Banani residence saying he wanted to introduce her to his mother.
However, he violated the girl after confining her to his residence and drove her out around 3:30 am on July 5, added the FIR.
Later, Rab members arrested Ivan from Majhdair in Narayanganj district on July 6.
- Most viewed
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- How to have beautiful toned body
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Priyanka at UN bats for girl empowerment
- Suu Kyi’s award suspended by UK union
- 4G service by December: Tarana
- Signal 3 to continue for maritime ports
- Schoolgirl foils forced marriage
- Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores (Video)
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Priyanka meets Jordan's Queen Rania
- Public property plunderers must face legal actions: PM
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- 16 September Births