Whose acquaintance is she?
The girl rescued from Dhaka hotel still senseless at DMCH
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 11:50
The condition of the girl, who was rescued from a hotel in the capital's Shyamoli on Saturday evening in a senseless state, remained the same and showed no sign of improvement till yesterday.
She has been kept under observation at neurosurgery department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Contacted, Dr Asit Chandra Sarkar, head of the department, last evening said the girl was still senseless.
Yesterday, they had tried to shift her to ICU for better observation, but failed as there was no seat vacant.
Someone tried to kill her by strangling; during the process, her brain did not receive enough oxygen, leading to this senseless state, said Asit.
As there is no acquaintance around, the hospital authorities are trying to provide the girl with better care on humanitarian grounds, he said.
On the other hand, till yesterday, police could not ascertain her identity.
Jamaluddin Mir, officer-in-charge (OC) of Mohammadpur Police Station, said they had succeeded in collecting her fingerprint yesterday.
Now they will match the girl's fingerprint with those stored in the database of National ID to confirm her identity, he said, adding that they had tried to collect her fingerprint on Tuesday but failed.
Earlier on Tuesday, Azizul Haque, sub-inspector (SI) of the police station, said they took photograph of the girl and sent it to different police stations.
On Saturday evening, the authorities of Tazil hotel heard a groaning sound from inside a room and informed Mohammadpur police. On information, a team of police led by SI Azizul rescued the girl with swellings and scar marks in the face and around the neck, and took her to nearby Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital.
As her condition remained unchanged, she was shifted to DMCH Sunday early hours.
Quoting the hotel authorities, OC Jamaluddin said a youth – enlisted as Ashraful – along with the girl had checked in the hotel on Saturday morning, identifying themselves as husband and wife.
Hotel authorities could only say that the youth had left the hotel on that evening, Jamal said, adding that it might be a murder attempt.
- Most viewed
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors