Whose acquaintance is she?
The girl rescued from Dhaka hotel still senseless at DMCH
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 11:50
The condition of the girl, who was rescued from a hotel in the capital's Shyamoli on Saturday evening in a senseless state, remained the same and showed no sign of improvement till yesterday.
She has been kept under observation at neurosurgery department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Contacted, Dr Asit Chandra Sarkar, head of the department, last evening said the girl was still senseless.
Yesterday, they had tried to shift her to ICU for better observation, but failed as there was no seat vacant.
Someone tried to kill her by strangling; during the process, her brain did not receive enough oxygen, leading to this senseless state, said Asit.
As there is no acquaintance around, the hospital authorities are trying to provide the girl with better care on humanitarian grounds, he said.
On the other hand, till yesterday, police could not ascertain her identity.
Jamaluddin Mir, officer-in-charge (OC) of Mohammadpur Police Station, said they had succeeded in collecting her fingerprint yesterday.
Now they will match the girl's fingerprint with those stored in the database of National ID to confirm her identity, he said, adding that they had tried to collect her fingerprint on Tuesday but failed.
Earlier on Tuesday, Azizul Haque, sub-inspector (SI) of the police station, said they took photograph of the girl and sent it to different police stations.
On Saturday evening, the authorities of Tazil hotel heard a groaning sound from inside a room and informed Mohammadpur police. On information, a team of police led by SI Azizul rescued the girl with swellings and scar marks in the face and around the neck, and took her to nearby Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital.
As her condition remained unchanged, she was shifted to DMCH Sunday early hours.
Quoting the hotel authorities, OC Jamaluddin said a youth – enlisted as Ashraful – along with the girl had checked in the hotel on Saturday morning, identifying themselves as husband and wife.
Hotel authorities could only say that the youth had left the hotel on that evening, Jamal said, adding that it might be a murder attempt.
- Most viewed
- 'Hotel Transylvania' books spot at top of box office
- Khaleda denied bail in Narail defamation case
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters
- Theresa May accepts key amendments from hardline Brexiteers
- 592 rape incidents in six months
- 17 July Events
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers