Whose acquaintance is she?
The girl rescued from Dhaka hotel still senseless at DMCH
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 11:50
The condition of the girl, who was rescued from a hotel in the capital's Shyamoli on Saturday evening in a senseless state, remained the same and showed no sign of improvement till yesterday.
She has been kept under observation at neurosurgery department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Contacted, Dr Asit Chandra Sarkar, head of the department, last evening said the girl was still senseless.
Yesterday, they had tried to shift her to ICU for better observation, but failed as there was no seat vacant.
Someone tried to kill her by strangling; during the process, her brain did not receive enough oxygen, leading to this senseless state, said Asit.
As there is no acquaintance around, the hospital authorities are trying to provide the girl with better care on humanitarian grounds, he said.
On the other hand, till yesterday, police could not ascertain her identity.
Jamaluddin Mir, officer-in-charge (OC) of Mohammadpur Police Station, said they had succeeded in collecting her fingerprint yesterday.
Now they will match the girl's fingerprint with those stored in the database of National ID to confirm her identity, he said, adding that they had tried to collect her fingerprint on Tuesday but failed.
Earlier on Tuesday, Azizul Haque, sub-inspector (SI) of the police station, said they took photograph of the girl and sent it to different police stations.
On Saturday evening, the authorities of Tazil hotel heard a groaning sound from inside a room and informed Mohammadpur police. On information, a team of police led by SI Azizul rescued the girl with swellings and scar marks in the face and around the neck, and took her to nearby Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital.
As her condition remained unchanged, she was shifted to DMCH Sunday early hours.
Quoting the hotel authorities, OC Jamaluddin said a youth – enlisted as Ashraful – along with the girl had checked in the hotel on Saturday morning, identifying themselves as husband and wife.
Hotel authorities could only say that the youth had left the hotel on that evening, Jamal said, adding that it might be a murder attempt.
- Most viewed
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge