Shafat, 4 others indicted in Banani double rape case
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 13:06
Five accused including Ahmed Shafat and his aide Nayeem Ashraf were indicted today on charge of raping two university students at a Banani hotel in Dhaka.
Judge Shafiul Azam of Second Tribunal for Prevention of Women and Children Repression framed the charges against Shafat, Nayeem, Shadman Sakif, Shafat's driver Billal and bodyguard Abul Kalam Azad in their presence at the courtroom.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women