Kiran Bedi praises Sheikh Hasina's leadership
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 12:20
Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry Kiran Bedi today praised Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for her bold leadership in making Bangladesh one of the world's fast-growing nations.
"Sheikh Hasina is a prime example of how strong and competent leadership can take a nation to a path of development," Bedi said when Bangladesh High Commissioner to India Syed Muazzem Ali called on her at Puducherry, according to a message received here yesterday afternoon.
She (Bedi) said Sheikh Hasina and her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi have a good rapport between them.
The two leaders have raised the most cordial and friendly relations to a new height between the two neighbours, she said expressing the hope that they would make further progress in promoting the existing friendly ties.
During the visit, the Bangladesh envoy also met with Puducherry Chief Minister V. Narayanasamy.
The chief minister said the friendly relations India and Bangladesh had established during Bangladesh's 1971 liberation war have continued to grow under all successive governments of India.
"We are happy and confident about our historic relations," he added.
- Most viewed
- ‘Make child marriage socially unacceptable’
- 28 July Deaths
- 28 July Births
- 28 July Events
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' success a win for cinema: Ekta Kapoor
- Dogs with cancer may survive longer with high cholesterol
- Playing video games may cut stress at work
- Dengue Fever: Heal with juice
- Enjoy monsoon with the right food steps!
- 22 July Deaths
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- 22 July Births
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- 22 July Events
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina