Kiran Bedi praises Sheikh Hasina's leadership
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 12:20
Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry Kiran Bedi today praised Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for her bold leadership in making Bangladesh one of the world's fast-growing nations.
"Sheikh Hasina is a prime example of how strong and competent leadership can take a nation to a path of development," Bedi said when Bangladesh High Commissioner to India Syed Muazzem Ali called on her at Puducherry, according to a message received here yesterday afternoon.
She (Bedi) said Sheikh Hasina and her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi have a good rapport between them.
The two leaders have raised the most cordial and friendly relations to a new height between the two neighbours, she said expressing the hope that they would make further progress in promoting the existing friendly ties.
During the visit, the Bangladesh envoy also met with Puducherry Chief Minister V. Narayanasamy.
The chief minister said the friendly relations India and Bangladesh had established during Bangladesh's 1971 liberation war have continued to grow under all successive governments of India.
"We are happy and confident about our historic relations," he added.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina