Kiran Bedi praises Sheikh Hasina's leadership
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 12:20
Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry Kiran Bedi today praised Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for her bold leadership in making Bangladesh one of the world's fast-growing nations.
"Sheikh Hasina is a prime example of how strong and competent leadership can take a nation to a path of development," Bedi said when Bangladesh High Commissioner to India Syed Muazzem Ali called on her at Puducherry, according to a message received here yesterday afternoon.
She (Bedi) said Sheikh Hasina and her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi have a good rapport between them.
The two leaders have raised the most cordial and friendly relations to a new height between the two neighbours, she said expressing the hope that they would make further progress in promoting the existing friendly ties.
During the visit, the Bangladesh envoy also met with Puducherry Chief Minister V. Narayanasamy.
The chief minister said the friendly relations India and Bangladesh had established during Bangladesh's 1971 liberation war have continued to grow under all successive governments of India.
"We are happy and confident about our historic relations," he added.
- Most viewed
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)