Indian student found dead in Chittagong
Published : 15 Jul 2017, 12:25
Body of an Indian student was recovered from Khulsi area under Akbar Shah Thana of Chittagong early Saturday.
The deceased is Asif Seth, 26, an MBBS student at University of Science and Technology Chittagong (USTC).
Meanwhile, police rescued another Indian student, Wison, who was hanging from a ceiling fan at the same house.
Four Indian students—Asif, Wison, Neeraj and his wife Josna—used to live in a three-room flat of Yusuf Bhaban, said Akbar Shah police station officer-in-charge M Alamgir.
Asif and Wison used to live in two rooms while another student Neeraj Guru lived with his wife Josna in the other room.
Quoting Neeraj Guru, OC M Alamgir said the three drank liquor and went to their respective rooms. Later around 12:30am, Neeraj found the room of Wison dark and called him and there was no response.
Neeraj then entered Wison’s room with an alternative set of keys where he found Wison hanging from the ceiling fan and Asif bloody on floor.
With the help of neighbours, Neeraj took them to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where physicians declared Asif Seth dead, OC added.
Asif’s body was bearing the marks of sharp weapons, he added.
Police are quizzing Neeraj Guru and his wife Josna in this connection.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Priya Prakash Varrier is not allowed to use a mobile phone
- PM goes to Tungipara tomorrow to pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Suicide trend among women on the rise in Sylhet
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- 16 March Deaths
- 16 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims