Two surrender in Ashulia ‘militant den’ raid
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 13:24
Two militants surrendered from the suspected Ashulia of Savar militant hideout, which was cordoned off by Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) members early on Sunday.
Talking to journalists, Rab Media Wing Director Commander Mufti Mahmud Khan said, “Two militants have already surrendered but two others are still inside the den.”
Shots were fired at the law enforcers after they surrounded the house in Noyarhat’s Chourabali neighbourhood.
Rab spokesman Mufti Mahmud Khan said they believe more than one militant holed up inside the building.
Final raid preparations are going on after members of a RAB special force and a bomb disposal unit arrived on Sunday morning. The ‘militants’ inside the building have been ordered to surrender.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests