Two surrender in Ashulia ‘militant den’ raid
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 13:24
Two militants surrendered from the suspected Ashulia of Savar militant hideout, which was cordoned off by Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) members early on Sunday.
Talking to journalists, Rab Media Wing Director Commander Mufti Mahmud Khan said, “Two militants have already surrendered but two others are still inside the den.”
Shots were fired at the law enforcers after they surrounded the house in Noyarhat’s Chourabali neighbourhood.
Rab spokesman Mufti Mahmud Khan said they believe more than one militant holed up inside the building.
Final raid preparations are going on after members of a RAB special force and a bomb disposal unit arrived on Sunday morning. The ‘militants’ inside the building have been ordered to surrender.
- Most viewed
- Sleeping late? Check your diet
- Vidya Balan, Rahul Bose tie up for a cause!
- EC fully independent, PM tells French envoy
- Why it is important for women to eat with their families
- Three men sentenced to death for killing 4 Habiganj kids
- Saima Wazed receives international award for fighting autism
- Smell like roses: Use the petals to treat acne and de-stress. We tell you how
- Photos: Mire madness as hundreds run, crawl and fight at Boryeong Mud Festival
- Sonakshi Sinha: I was always the pampered one
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- 22 July Deaths
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Births