Two surrender in Ashulia ‘militant den’ raid
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 13:24
Two militants surrendered from the suspected Ashulia of Savar militant hideout, which was cordoned off by Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) members early on Sunday.
Talking to journalists, Rab Media Wing Director Commander Mufti Mahmud Khan said, “Two militants have already surrendered but two others are still inside the den.”
Shots were fired at the law enforcers after they surrounded the house in Noyarhat’s Chourabali neighbourhood.
Rab spokesman Mufti Mahmud Khan said they believe more than one militant holed up inside the building.
Final raid preparations are going on after members of a RAB special force and a bomb disposal unit arrived on Sunday morning. The ‘militants’ inside the building have been ordered to surrender.
- Most viewed
- Sunny benefits of sunflower seeds
- 13 tips on how to prevent bad breath
- Hasina expects no help from Trump on Rohingya issue
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Mahalaya is being celebrated
- Ready to verify refugees status at any time to aid return: Suu Kyi (Video)
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- 19 September Deaths
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Khadem, another slaughtered at Munshiganj shrine
- Priyanka meets Jordan's Queen Rania
- England's leading female Test run scorer dies aged 58
- Public property plunderers must face legal actions: PM
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- Suu Kyi to skip UN General Assembly amid Rohingya crisis
- China supports Myanmar efforts for peace