Two surrender in Ashulia ‘militant den’ raid
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 13:24
Two militants surrendered from the suspected Ashulia of Savar militant hideout, which was cordoned off by Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) members early on Sunday.
Talking to journalists, Rab Media Wing Director Commander Mufti Mahmud Khan said, “Two militants have already surrendered but two others are still inside the den.”
Shots were fired at the law enforcers after they surrounded the house in Noyarhat’s Chourabali neighbourhood.
Rab spokesman Mufti Mahmud Khan said they believe more than one militant holed up inside the building.
Final raid preparations are going on after members of a RAB special force and a bomb disposal unit arrived on Sunday morning. The ‘militants’ inside the building have been ordered to surrender.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised