Two surrender in Ashulia ‘militant den’ raid
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 13:24
Two militants surrendered from the suspected Ashulia of Savar militant hideout, which was cordoned off by Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) members early on Sunday.
Talking to journalists, Rab Media Wing Director Commander Mufti Mahmud Khan said, “Two militants have already surrendered but two others are still inside the den.”
Shots were fired at the law enforcers after they surrounded the house in Noyarhat’s Chourabali neighbourhood.
Rab spokesman Mufti Mahmud Khan said they believe more than one militant holed up inside the building.
Final raid preparations are going on after members of a RAB special force and a bomb disposal unit arrived on Sunday morning. The ‘militants’ inside the building have been ordered to surrender.
- Most viewed
- Sharapova in fraud probe
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests
- Skincare myths demystified
- Sleeping on back can up stillbirth risk
- Suu Kyi hopes to strike deal with Bangladesh this week on Rohingya repatriation
- Germany’s Merkel ‘prefers new vote’ after coalition talks fail
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- The diabetic diet
- Plus-size model wins her first lingerie campaign
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Jolie condemns sexual violence against Rohingyas
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design