Two surrender in Ashulia ‘militant den’ raid
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 13:24
Two militants surrendered from the suspected Ashulia of Savar militant hideout, which was cordoned off by Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) members early on Sunday.
Talking to journalists, Rab Media Wing Director Commander Mufti Mahmud Khan said, “Two militants have already surrendered but two others are still inside the den.”
Shots were fired at the law enforcers after they surrounded the house in Noyarhat’s Chourabali neighbourhood.
Rab spokesman Mufti Mahmud Khan said they believe more than one militant holed up inside the building.
Final raid preparations are going on after members of a RAB special force and a bomb disposal unit arrived on Sunday morning. The ‘militants’ inside the building have been ordered to surrender.
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops
- Prime Minister reaches Abu Dhabi
- 2 housewives ‘commit’ suicide in Jessore