Two surrender in Ashulia ‘militant den’ raid
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 13:24
Two militants surrendered from the suspected Ashulia of Savar militant hideout, which was cordoned off by Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) members early on Sunday.
Talking to journalists, Rab Media Wing Director Commander Mufti Mahmud Khan said, “Two militants have already surrendered but two others are still inside the den.”
Shots were fired at the law enforcers after they surrounded the house in Noyarhat’s Chourabali neighbourhood.
Rab spokesman Mufti Mahmud Khan said they believe more than one militant holed up inside the building.
Final raid preparations are going on after members of a RAB special force and a bomb disposal unit arrived on Sunday morning. The ‘militants’ inside the building have been ordered to surrender.
- Most viewed
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Events
- 12 tips on how to maintain wooden floors
- World running out of antibiotics!
- Five foods you should avoid eating on empty stomach
- Cranberries may help cut urinary tract infections
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Hasina expects no help from Trump on Rohingya issue