4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- 18 January Deaths
- 18 January Births
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh