4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests