4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- PM opens BNA Bangabandhu Complex in Chittagong
- Fake profiles boosted Brazilian ex-president Dilma
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Myanmar president, close Suu Kyi friend, says he's retiring
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation