4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- 25 May Events
- 25 May Births
- 25 May Deaths
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be