4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Deepika Padukone trying 9 things she never did before
- ‘Russia’s hottest World Cup fan’ turns out to be porn star
- Hollywood stars reject Trump immigrant policy
- Rohingya girls dream of school
- Prime Minister meets President
- US leaves 'hypocritical and self-serving' UN Human Rights Council
- 20 June Births
- 20 June Deaths
- 20 June Events