4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Tamannaah: Always motivated by roles that alleviate women
- Salt to taste is not just for taste
- The naturally beautiful no-makeup look!
- Embracing a balanced diet for stress free living
- Navratra fast special: Papri Chaat
- Durga Puja begins tomorrow amid festivity
- World's ‘heaviest’ woman Eman Ahmed dies in Abu Dhabi
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- 1000-handed idol of Durga
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents