4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops