4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self