4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Sunny benefits of sunflower seeds
- 13 tips on how to prevent bad breath
- Hasina expects no help from Trump on Rohingya issue
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Mahalaya is being celebrated
- Ready to verify refugees status at any time to aid return: Suu Kyi (Video)
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- 19 September Deaths
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Khadem, another slaughtered at Munshiganj shrine
- Priyanka meets Jordan's Queen Rania
- England's leading female Test run scorer dies aged 58
- Public property plunderers must face legal actions: PM
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- Suu Kyi to skip UN General Assembly amid Rohingya crisis
- China supports Myanmar efforts for peace