4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Sleeping late? Check your diet
- Vidya Balan, Rahul Bose tie up for a cause!
- EC fully independent, PM tells French envoy
- Why it is important for women to eat with their families
- Three men sentenced to death for killing 4 Habiganj kids
- Saima Wazed receives international award for fighting autism
- Smell like roses: Use the petals to treat acne and de-stress. We tell you how
- Photos: Mire madness as hundreds run, crawl and fight at Boryeong Mud Festival
- Sonakshi Sinha: I was always the pampered one
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- 22 July Deaths
- Cop’s wife found dead in Jessore
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Births