4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl