4 ‘militants’ surrender in Ashulia
Published : 16 Jul 2017, 14:32
Four suspected militants have surrendered before the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) during a drive of the elite force in an Ashulia residence at Savar, on the outskirts of the capital.
RAB members cordoned off the area early Sunday suspecting it to be a militant den.
Sounds of gunshots were also heard in regular intervals in the morning around 11:30am.
RAB media and legal wing director Mufti Mahmood Khan at noon told reporters that four suspected militants have surrendered.
Earlier in the morning, the RAB official said elite force men fenced off the house around 1:00am on Sunday.
The RAB media and legal wing director further said, “The area has been evacuated. We will begin a drive shortly.”
The owner of the house, Ibrahim, was also under RAB custody for interrogation, he added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- How to have beautiful toned body
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Priyanka at UN bats for girl empowerment
- Suu Kyi’s award suspended by UK union
- 4G service by December: Tarana
- Signal 3 to continue for maritime ports
- Schoolgirl foils forced marriage
- Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores (Video)
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Priyanka meets Jordan's Queen Rania
- Public property plunderers must face legal actions: PM
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- 16 September Births