College student held for ‘raping’ woman in Rajshahi
Published : 05 Aug 2017, 17:28
Police arrested a college student from Khorisakkha village in Singra upazila of Natore early Friday in a case filed for raping a divorced woman and releasing the video footage of the incident on internet.
The arrestee was identified as Al Mamun, 24, son of Samsher Ali of Syedpur village in Puthia upazila. He is an honours first year student of Natore Nawab Sirajuddaula Government College.
Police arrested him from his relative's house tracking his mobile phone.
The victim filed the case against Mamun with Puthia police station on Wednesday night, said officer-in-charge of the police station Sayeedur Rahman.
According to the case statement, Mamun developed a relationship with the victim, an employee of a private organisation.
On 15 May, Mamun took the woman to Rajshahi city promising to marry her and later, he took her to the house of one of his friends at Bhatpara in the city claiming that there was no marriage registrar available for registering the marriage.
On that night, he raped the woman and recorded it in his mobile phone set.
Later, Mamun refused to marry her and raped the woman several times threatening to release the video footage on the internet.
On 20 July, he finally released the video on the internet.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom