College girl slaughtered in Sirajganj
Published : 07 Aug 2017, 12:45
A college girl has slaughtered by miscreants at Jagatganti village in Shialkol union of Sadar upazila in Sirajganj.
The deceased was identified as Sathi Khatun, 18, daughter of Saidur Rahman Badal of the village and student of Shialkol Abdullah Al Mahmud Memorial School & College.
Rafiqul Islam, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Sadar Police Station, said that Sathi's parents went to a relative's house on Sunday afternoon, leaving her daughter alone at home.
After returning home at night, they did not find Sathi at home and searched for her frantically.
They later recovered the slaughtered body of Sathi about 100 yards far from the house early Monday.
On information, police recovered the body in the morning and sent it to Sadar Hospital morgue for an autopsy.
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Events
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief