College girl slaughtered in Sirajganj
Published : 07 Aug 2017, 12:45
A college girl has slaughtered by miscreants at Jagatganti village in Shialkol union of Sadar upazila in Sirajganj.
The deceased was identified as Sathi Khatun, 18, daughter of Saidur Rahman Badal of the village and student of Shialkol Abdullah Al Mahmud Memorial School & College.
Rafiqul Islam, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Sadar Police Station, said that Sathi's parents went to a relative's house on Sunday afternoon, leaving her daughter alone at home.
After returning home at night, they did not find Sathi at home and searched for her frantically.
They later recovered the slaughtered body of Sathi about 100 yards far from the house early Monday.
On information, police recovered the body in the morning and sent it to Sadar Hospital morgue for an autopsy.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report