Court sends Bogra rape victim to safe home
Published : 07 Aug 2017, 16:28
A local court today sent the Bogra college student, allegedly raped by suspended Sramik League leader Tufan Sarkar, to a safe home in another district.
Additional district and sessions Judge Emdadul Haque of the juvenile court passed the order this afternoon.
The mother, who was also a victim, has been asked to go to a victim support centre.
The ruling came in face of whether the victim and her mother could go home or be moved to a safe house from the hospital – under the purview of their overall security.
Suspended Sramik League leader Tufan Sarkar allegedly raped the victim, and in an attempt to hush up the whole incident shaved the heads of the victim and her mother with held of his associates.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom