Court sends Bogra rape victim to safe home
Published : 07 Aug 2017, 16:28
A local court today sent the Bogra college student, allegedly raped by suspended Sramik League leader Tufan Sarkar, to a safe home in another district.
Additional district and sessions Judge Emdadul Haque of the juvenile court passed the order this afternoon.
The mother, who was also a victim, has been asked to go to a victim support centre.
The ruling came in face of whether the victim and her mother could go home or be moved to a safe house from the hospital – under the purview of their overall security.
Suspended Sramik League leader Tufan Sarkar allegedly raped the victim, and in an attempt to hush up the whole incident shaved the heads of the victim and her mother with held of his associates.
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Events
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief