Court sends Bogra rape victim to safe home
Published : 07 Aug 2017, 16:28
A local court today sent the Bogra college student, allegedly raped by suspended Sramik League leader Tufan Sarkar, to a safe home in another district.
Additional district and sessions Judge Emdadul Haque of the juvenile court passed the order this afternoon.
The mother, who was also a victim, has been asked to go to a victim support centre.
The ruling came in face of whether the victim and her mother could go home or be moved to a safe house from the hospital – under the purview of their overall security.
Suspended Sramik League leader Tufan Sarkar allegedly raped the victim, and in an attempt to hush up the whole incident shaved the heads of the victim and her mother with held of his associates.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report