Sushma Swaraj to visit Bangladesh in September
Published : 10 Aug 2017, 12:33
Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will visit Dhaka in the first half of September to attend the fourth Bangladesh-India Joint Consultative Commission (JCC) meeting, a media report said.
Indian High Commissioner Harsh Vardhan Shringla informed Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Shahidul Haque of the visit during a meeting in Dhaka on Monday, the Dhaka Tribune reported.
The exact date is to be finalised.
This will be Sushma Swaraj's second visit to Bangladesh. She was last here in 2014.
The JCC meeting is to review the implementation and progress of decisions taken during Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's visit to India in April this year.
The paper quoted diplomatic sources as saying that the two sides were working to finalise the date of Sushma Swaraj's visit.
She is also scheduled to attend the UN General Assembly in New York in the second half of September.
Regarding the Bangladesh national election, Shringla told reporters: "We're all democracies. We all believe in free and fair elections."
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Events
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief