Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
Published : 11 Aug 2017, 12:28
A local baul singer was allegedly gang-raped in Ashulia, on the outskirts of Dhaka, after she was invited to a "musical show", police said today.
The victim, 32, hailing from Narayanganj, filed a case with Ashulia Police Station yesterday, said Abdul Awal, officer-in-charge of the local police station.
She was admitted to the One-Stop Crisis Centre of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), the OC said.
“She was invited to a purported musical show by another female singer at a rest house in Ashulia,” he said.
“As she reached there, 10 to 12 men detained her to a room and raped her overnight,” the police official said quoting the victim.
Police are conducting drives to arrest the culprits, he added.
Source: Star Online
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom