Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
Published : 11 Aug 2017, 12:28
A local baul singer was allegedly gang-raped in Ashulia, on the outskirts of Dhaka, after she was invited to a "musical show", police said today.
The victim, 32, hailing from Narayanganj, filed a case with Ashulia Police Station yesterday, said Abdul Awal, officer-in-charge of the local police station.
She was admitted to the One-Stop Crisis Centre of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), the OC said.
“She was invited to a purported musical show by another female singer at a rest house in Ashulia,” he said.
“As she reached there, 10 to 12 men detained her to a room and raped her overnight,” the police official said quoting the victim.
Police are conducting drives to arrest the culprits, he added.
Source: Star Online
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry