DU assistant proctor in trouble over alleged sexual harassment
Published : 13 Aug 2017, 17:05
Two female students have brought allegations of sexual harassment against Dhaka University (DU) assistant proctor Robiul Islam which they said happened during a scuffle between teachers and students on July 29 over DU VC panel election.
The students, who are also leaders of two different student organisations, submitted separate complaints to Pro-Vice Chancellor Prof Nasreen Ahmad on August 10.
In their complaints, they said they wore black clothes on their faces as per their previous schedule during the senate special session on July 29, and formed a human chain in protest against the absence of student representatives to the Senate.
When the students broke the locked gate of Senate Bhaban and entered it, they alleged that the teachers, at one point, pulled them out holding their necks.
At that time, they further alleged, the assistant proctor suddenly held a female student's throat. When another female student tried to get her released, the teacher pulled her out as well, they alleged, adding that the teacher took advantage of the incident as they were girls.
Terming it 'sexual harassment', they duo demanded punishment of the assistant proctor.
Contacted, DU Pro-VC (Education) Prof Nasreen Ahmad told UNB, "I've received the copies of allegations placed by two female students.
Like other incidents at the DU, we'll take steps in this regard as well about after investigation."
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today