Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
Published : 18 Aug 2017, 18:11
An assistant teacher of a primary school was allegedly gang raped in a classroom of a primary school in Betagi upazila in Barguna.
The victim filed a case with Betagi police station on Thursday night accusing six people.
Officer-in-charge of Betagi police station Mamun-or-Rashid said the victim was sent to Barguna General Hospital for medical tests at 10am on Friday.
Superintendent of Barguna police Bijoy Basak visited the spot Friday morning.
The accused are Sumon Biswas, 35, son of Md Hiron Biswas, Md Rasel, 28, son of Abdul Barek Mia, Sumon Kazi, 30, son of Abdul Kuddus, Md Rabiul, 18, son of Abdur Rahman and Md Jewel, 30, son of Md Abdur Rahamn of Kodomtola village in Hosnabad union of Betagi upazila.
Police are trying to arrest the accused, OC Mamun-or-Rashid said.
According to the case statement, when the teacher was talking to her husband in a classroom of the school after completion of classes the accused tried to enter the school.
At one stage, when the teacher locked the main gate of the school they broke it open and beat up her husband indiscriminately. They tied up her husband in a classroom and raped her repeatedly in another room.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- 21 February Events
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Air fryer – ‘Zero’ oil frying
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops
- Prime Minister reaches Abu Dhabi
- 2 housewives ‘commit’ suicide in Jessore