5 held for 'gang-raping' Pabna schoolgirls
Published : 21 Aug 2017, 16:37
Five of the six accused in the case filed over the alleged gang-rape of two school girls in Sujanagar of Pabna have been arrested.
The arrestees are: Hazrat Ali, Al Amin Hossain, Mohammad Mithun, Mohammad Panku and Mohammad Sohel of the municipality's Charbhabanipur area. They are aged between 18 and 22.
The other remaining accused Mohammad Shahin is still absconding.
They were arrested from different places in a drive started 9:00pm yesterday, said Obaidul Haque, officer-in-charge (OC) of Sujanagar Police Station.
Meanwhile, more than two and a half thousand fellow students of the victims' have took part at a protest rally and human chain in front of their institution Sujanagar Pilot High School demanding exemplary punishment of the culprits.
The six youths have allegedly gang-raped the two schoolgirls in Sujanagar of Pabna on August 1 and then they uploaded the footage of the crime on Facebook.
The youths are alleged supporters of Sujanagar municipality Mayor Abdul Wahab, who is also the secretary of Sujanagar upazila unit Awami League.
Yesterday, the victims filed two cases with a Pabna court against the six alleged culprits.
- Most viewed
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Tonu’s family called to Dhaka for probe: Kamal
- Sharapova in fraud probe
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests
- Skincare myths demystified
- Sleeping on back can up stillbirth risk
- Suu Kyi hopes to strike deal with Bangladesh this week on Rohingya repatriation
- Germany’s Merkel ‘prefers new vote’ after coalition talks fail
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Jolie condemns sexual violence against Rohingyas
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong