Housewife beaten dead, husband held
Published : 23 Aug 2017, 13:33
A woman was beaten to death allegedly by her husband over family feud at Swajan village in Lakhai upazila Habiganj on Tuesday night.
The dead is Shipra Rani Roy, daughter of Mohananda Roy of Jagadishpur village in Madhabpur upazila.
Locals said Shipra was married off to Nirmal Chandra Roy of Swajan village in Lakhai upazila seven years back. The couple used to engage in altercation over family dispute.
On Tuesday night, Nirmal started quarrel with his wife over a family problem and at one stage, he beat her mercilessly, leaving her dead on the spot.
On information, police rushed in and caught killer Nirmal, said Abdul Wadud, officer-in-charge of Lakhai police station.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors