Housewife beaten dead, husband held
Published : 23 Aug 2017, 13:33
A woman was beaten to death allegedly by her husband over family feud at Swajan village in Lakhai upazila Habiganj on Tuesday night.
The dead is Shipra Rani Roy, daughter of Mohananda Roy of Jagadishpur village in Madhabpur upazila.
Locals said Shipra was married off to Nirmal Chandra Roy of Swajan village in Lakhai upazila seven years back. The couple used to engage in altercation over family dispute.
On Tuesday night, Nirmal started quarrel with his wife over a family problem and at one stage, he beat her mercilessly, leaving her dead on the spot.
On information, police rushed in and caught killer Nirmal, said Abdul Wadud, officer-in-charge of Lakhai police station.
- Most viewed
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- 21 July Deaths
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final
- Asif Akbar to act in movies