Housewife hacked dead
Published : 28 Aug 2017, 11:45
A housewife was hacked to death allegedly by her husband at Faridpur Noyapara village in Singha Bangla union of Sadar upazila of Netrakona on Sunday evening.
The deceased is Ruma Akhter, 28, wife of Saiful Islam.
Abdul Rahim, a local union parisad member, said that the auto-rickshaw driver Saiful was addicted in drug. He used to torture his wife for drug’s money.
Saiful locked into altercation with her wife and started to torture in the evening as Ruma denied giving him money.
When Ruma tried to go out from the house, Saiful hacked him with a sharp weapon, leaving her dead on the spot.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Netrokona Modern Sadar Hospital, said Mohammad Sanowar Hossain, additional superintendent of Netrokona Circle Police.
Saiful went into hiding after the incident. They are trying to arrest him, said the ASP.
- Most viewed
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement