Housewife hacked dead
Published : 28 Aug 2017, 11:45
A housewife was hacked to death allegedly by her husband at Faridpur Noyapara village in Singha Bangla union of Sadar upazila of Netrakona on Sunday evening.
The deceased is Ruma Akhter, 28, wife of Saiful Islam.
Abdul Rahim, a local union parisad member, said that the auto-rickshaw driver Saiful was addicted in drug. He used to torture his wife for drug’s money.
Saiful locked into altercation with her wife and started to torture in the evening as Ruma denied giving him money.
When Ruma tried to go out from the house, Saiful hacked him with a sharp weapon, leaving her dead on the spot.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Netrokona Modern Sadar Hospital, said Mohammad Sanowar Hossain, additional superintendent of Netrokona Circle Police.
Saiful went into hiding after the incident. They are trying to arrest him, said the ASP.
- Most viewed
- Four amaging Quotes of Sridevi
- Sridevi filmography
- Bollywood actor Sridevi passes away
- Choose sugar free fruit juice prudently
- Sipping red wine may ward off your gum disease
- Friendship with Kardashian ‘one-sided’, feels Jennifer Lawrence
- Fans can’t believe how much Priyanka looks like US model
- Special project plans to empower women in ICT sector
- Youth jailed for sexually harassing Rajshahi SSC examinee
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM