Housewife hacked dead
Published : 28 Aug 2017, 11:45
A housewife was hacked to death allegedly by her husband at Faridpur Noyapara village in Singha Bangla union of Sadar upazila of Netrakona on Sunday evening.
The deceased is Ruma Akhter, 28, wife of Saiful Islam.
Abdul Rahim, a local union parisad member, said that the auto-rickshaw driver Saiful was addicted in drug. He used to torture his wife for drug’s money.
Saiful locked into altercation with her wife and started to torture in the evening as Ruma denied giving him money.
When Ruma tried to go out from the house, Saiful hacked him with a sharp weapon, leaving her dead on the spot.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Netrokona Modern Sadar Hospital, said Mohammad Sanowar Hossain, additional superintendent of Netrokona Circle Police.
Saiful went into hiding after the incident. They are trying to arrest him, said the ASP.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women