Turkish First Lady Emine Erdogan in city
Published : 07 Sep 2017, 11:36
Turkey's First Lady Emine Erdogan arrived in Dhaka early today to meet Rohingya Muslims who have fled persecution in Myanmar's Rakhine State.
A special aircraft carrying her and her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 3:00am.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam received her at the airport.
Earlier, Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu arrived in Dhaka in a different aircraft.
The visit follows the latest bloodshed in Myanmar's Rakhine State that resulted in the fresh influx of Rohingyas into Bangladesh.
Emine Erdogan will fly to Cox's Bazar today to visit Rohingya camp.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali and State Minister Md Shahriar Alam will also visit with them.
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)