Turkish First Lady Emine Erdogan in city
Published : 07 Sep 2017, 11:36
Turkey's First Lady Emine Erdogan arrived in Dhaka early today to meet Rohingya Muslims who have fled persecution in Myanmar's Rakhine State.
A special aircraft carrying her and her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 3:00am.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam received her at the airport.
Earlier, Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu arrived in Dhaka in a different aircraft.
The visit follows the latest bloodshed in Myanmar's Rakhine State that resulted in the fresh influx of Rohingyas into Bangladesh.
Emine Erdogan will fly to Cox's Bazar today to visit Rohingya camp.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali and State Minister Md Shahriar Alam will also visit with them.
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll