Turkish First Lady Emine Erdogan in city
Published : 07 Sep 2017, 11:36
Turkey's First Lady Emine Erdogan arrived in Dhaka early today to meet Rohingya Muslims who have fled persecution in Myanmar's Rakhine State.
A special aircraft carrying her and her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 3:00am.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam received her at the airport.
Earlier, Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu arrived in Dhaka in a different aircraft.
The visit follows the latest bloodshed in Myanmar's Rakhine State that resulted in the fresh influx of Rohingyas into Bangladesh.
Emine Erdogan will fly to Cox's Bazar today to visit Rohingya camp.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali and State Minister Md Shahriar Alam will also visit with them.
- Most viewed
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Jolie condemns sexual violence against Rohingyas
- Right to a healthy future
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf