Turkish First Lady Emine Erdogan in city
Published : 07 Sep 2017, 11:36
Turkey's First Lady Emine Erdogan arrived in Dhaka early today to meet Rohingya Muslims who have fled persecution in Myanmar's Rakhine State.
A special aircraft carrying her and her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 3:00am.
State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam received her at the airport.
Earlier, Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu arrived in Dhaka in a different aircraft.
The visit follows the latest bloodshed in Myanmar's Rakhine State that resulted in the fresh influx of Rohingyas into Bangladesh.
Emine Erdogan will fly to Cox's Bazar today to visit Rohingya camp.
Bangladesh Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali and State Minister Md Shahriar Alam will also visit with them.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol