PM to visit refugee camps in Cox's Bazar Tuesday
Published : 11 Sep 2017, 17:07
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will visit Rohingya refugee camps at Kutupalong of Ukhiya Upazila in Cox's Bazar district on Tuesday.
PM's press secretary Ihsanul Karim said the prime minister will see the living condition of the refugees in different camps, meet the officials and distribute relief materials.
According to the United Nations, more than three lakh Myanmar nationals of Rohingya ethnicity intruded into Bangladesh in last two weeks after eruption of the latest spate of violence in Rakhine State of Myanmar.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol