Prime Minister goes to Cox’s Bazar today to visit Rohingyas
Published : 12 Sep 2017, 11:38
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will visit Rohingya refugee camps at Kutupalong of Ukhiya upazila in Cox’s Bazar district on Tuesday.
The prime minister will see for herself the living condition of the refugees at different camps, meet officials and distribute relief materials, said PM’s press secretary Ihsanul Karim.
More than three lakh Myanmar nationals entered Bangladesh since August 23 amid violence in Rakhine state of Myanmar.
The government is going to construct a camp on some 2,000 acres of land at Kutupalong of Ukhia upazila in Cox’s Bazar to rehabilitate the Rohingyas fleeing persecution in Myanmar.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol