Prime Minister goes to Cox’s Bazar today to visit Rohingyas
Published : 12 Sep 2017, 11:38
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will visit Rohingya refugee camps at Kutupalong of Ukhiya upazila in Cox’s Bazar district on Tuesday.
The prime minister will see for herself the living condition of the refugees at different camps, meet officials and distribute relief materials, said PM’s press secretary Ihsanul Karim.
More than three lakh Myanmar nationals entered Bangladesh since August 23 amid violence in Rakhine state of Myanmar.
The government is going to construct a camp on some 2,000 acres of land at Kutupalong of Ukhia upazila in Cox’s Bazar to rehabilitate the Rohingyas fleeing persecution in Myanmar.
- Most viewed
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Jolie condemns sexual violence against Rohingyas
- Right to a healthy future
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf