Myanmar must take back its nationals: PM
Published : 12 Sep 2017, 17:07
Describing the atrocities by the Myanmar military as 'acts against humanity and violation of human rights', Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday said Rohingya refugees are Myanmar nationals and it must take its citizens back.
She also said Bangladesh wants to maintain peace and good relations with its neighbouring countries, but it cannot accept 'unjust acts' the Myanmar government are committing.
The Prime Minister was speaking while visiting a Rohingya-registered camp and distributing relief materials among the Rohingya refugees at Kutupalong Bazar in Ukhia.
"Still, the fire is burning there...people can't find out their family members...the bodies of infants and women are floating on the Naf River, these go completely against humanity and are violation of human rights. What sin and crimes these innocent children, women and people have committed...we can't tolerate such activities," the Prime Minister bemoaned.
She further said, "We want peace, we want good relations with our neighbouring countries, but we can't tolerate and accept any injustice."
Sheikh Hasina said Bangladesh protest these injustice and inhumane attitude towards the Rohingya people in Rakhine state, and renewed her call to the international community to mount pressure on the Myanmar government to take back their nationals.
"Myanmar has to take back their nationals, give them a safe place to live in their homeland.
The international community should put pressure on the Myanmar as they're committing such atrocities on Rohingya people... this has to be stopped," she added.
- Most viewed
- Seafood-rich diet may up sexual intimacy, pregnancy chances
- Priyanka Chopra left Cox`s Bazar for Dhaka
- Tasfia murder case: One arrested
- Canada to work for Rohingya women rights
- UN body’s request for report on rape of Rohingya women
- ‘The world needs to care’: Priyanka (VIDEO)
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)