Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
Published : 16 Sep 2017, 12:06
A 22-year-old woman lost her life after giving birth to a baby girl at a private hospital in Haji Mohsin road area in Chandpur district town on Friday evening.
Relatives of Reshma Begum, about 22 years old, wife of Sahrif Khan of Uttar Balia village in Sadar upazila, alleged that Reshma died at Royal Hospital due to medical negligence.
Reshma’s elder brother Rubel Gazi said that his sister was admitted to Chandpur General Hospital at 4:00 am on Friday after she complained of labour pains.
Later, she was shifted to Royal Hospital where she gave birth to a baby girl by caesarean. Dr Fatema Begum conducted the caesarean while Dr Md Ilius was anesthetist.
After delivery, she was lying unattended for a long time, which led to her death, family members alleged.
The family members are taking preparations to file a case against the doctor.
On information, the body was taken to police custody for an autopsy.
Next steps would be taken after further investigation, said Mahbubur Rahman Molla, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Chandpur Model Police Station.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry