Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
Published : 16 Sep 2017, 12:06
A 22-year-old woman lost her life after giving birth to a baby girl at a private hospital in Haji Mohsin road area in Chandpur district town on Friday evening.
Relatives of Reshma Begum, about 22 years old, wife of Sahrif Khan of Uttar Balia village in Sadar upazila, alleged that Reshma died at Royal Hospital due to medical negligence.
Reshma’s elder brother Rubel Gazi said that his sister was admitted to Chandpur General Hospital at 4:00 am on Friday after she complained of labour pains.
Later, she was shifted to Royal Hospital where she gave birth to a baby girl by caesarean. Dr Fatema Begum conducted the caesarean while Dr Md Ilius was anesthetist.
After delivery, she was lying unattended for a long time, which led to her death, family members alleged.
The family members are taking preparations to file a case against the doctor.
On information, the body was taken to police custody for an autopsy.
Next steps would be taken after further investigation, said Mahbubur Rahman Molla, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Chandpur Model Police Station.
- Most viewed
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Sushma Swaraj arrives today
- 22 October Deaths
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link