Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
Published : 16 Sep 2017, 12:06
A 22-year-old woman lost her life after giving birth to a baby girl at a private hospital in Haji Mohsin road area in Chandpur district town on Friday evening.
Relatives of Reshma Begum, about 22 years old, wife of Sahrif Khan of Uttar Balia village in Sadar upazila, alleged that Reshma died at Royal Hospital due to medical negligence.
Reshma’s elder brother Rubel Gazi said that his sister was admitted to Chandpur General Hospital at 4:00 am on Friday after she complained of labour pains.
Later, she was shifted to Royal Hospital where she gave birth to a baby girl by caesarean. Dr Fatema Begum conducted the caesarean while Dr Md Ilius was anesthetist.
After delivery, she was lying unattended for a long time, which led to her death, family members alleged.
The family members are taking preparations to file a case against the doctor.
On information, the body was taken to police custody for an autopsy.
Next steps would be taken after further investigation, said Mahbubur Rahman Molla, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Chandpur Model Police Station.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final