Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
Published : 23 Sep 2017, 12:23
Police on Friday arrested a septuagenarian leader of local BNP leader on charge of attempting to rape a mentally challenged woman at Mirzanagar village in Mirpur upazila.
Officer-in-charge of Mirpur Police Station Azizur Rahman said victim’s mother filed a case under Women and Children Repression Prevention Act on Friday.
According to the case statement, Abul Kashem Mondal, 70, president of Ward-1 BNP of Baraipara union, tried to violate the woman while she was returning home after taking a bath in a pond on Thursday afternoon.
After hearing her screams, local people came to the spot but Kashem fled the scene.
- Most viewed
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held
- Speaker for forging unity to uphold human rights
- Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
- PM leaves for Paris to attend 'One Planet Summit
- 11 December Deaths
- 11 December Births
- 11 December Events
- Pregnant woman strangulated to death ‘by husband’