Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
Published : 23 Sep 2017, 12:23
Police on Friday arrested a septuagenarian leader of local BNP leader on charge of attempting to rape a mentally challenged woman at Mirzanagar village in Mirpur upazila.
Officer-in-charge of Mirpur Police Station Azizur Rahman said victim’s mother filed a case under Women and Children Repression Prevention Act on Friday.
According to the case statement, Abul Kashem Mondal, 70, president of Ward-1 BNP of Baraipara union, tried to violate the woman while she was returning home after taking a bath in a pond on Thursday afternoon.
After hearing her screams, local people came to the spot but Kashem fled the scene.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit