Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
Published : 23 Sep 2017, 12:23
Police on Friday arrested a septuagenarian leader of local BNP leader on charge of attempting to rape a mentally challenged woman at Mirzanagar village in Mirpur upazila.
Officer-in-charge of Mirpur Police Station Azizur Rahman said victim’s mother filed a case under Women and Children Repression Prevention Act on Friday.
According to the case statement, Abul Kashem Mondal, 70, president of Ward-1 BNP of Baraipara union, tried to violate the woman while she was returning home after taking a bath in a pond on Thursday afternoon.
After hearing her screams, local people came to the spot but Kashem fled the scene.
- Most viewed
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises