PM leaves Washington for London
Published : 03 Oct 2017, 11:13
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina left Washington this morning Bangladesh time (Washington time 10:15 pm on Monday) for London en route home wrapping up her 16-day official visit to the United States.
"A United Airlines flight carrying the prime minister and her entourage members took off from Dulles International Airport in the US capital of Washington for London at 10:15 pm on Monday (Bangladesh time 8:15 am today)," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS over phone from Washington.
Bangladesh Ambassador to the USA Mohammad Ziauddin and Permanent Representative to the United Nations Masud Bin Momen saw the prime minister off at the airport.
The flight is scheduled to land at Heathrow International Airport in London at 10 am London time (3 pm Bangladesh time) today.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Nazmul Qaunine will receive Sheikh Hasina at the airport.
After staying in the British capital for three days, the prime minister will return home on October 7. Sheikh Hasina travelled to the US capital from New York on September 22 after attending the 72nd UNGA session.
After staying in Washington for a week, she was scheduled to return home on October 2 via London.
But the date was deferred as the prime minister underwent a gallbladder surgery at a Washington hospital on September 25.
Sheikh Hasina arrived in New York on September 17 to join the UN's annual event.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India