PM leaves Washington for London
Published : 03 Oct 2017, 11:13
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina left Washington this morning Bangladesh time (Washington time 10:15 pm on Monday) for London en route home wrapping up her 16-day official visit to the United States.
"A United Airlines flight carrying the prime minister and her entourage members took off from Dulles International Airport in the US capital of Washington for London at 10:15 pm on Monday (Bangladesh time 8:15 am today)," PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS over phone from Washington.
Bangladesh Ambassador to the USA Mohammad Ziauddin and Permanent Representative to the United Nations Masud Bin Momen saw the prime minister off at the airport.
The flight is scheduled to land at Heathrow International Airport in London at 10 am London time (3 pm Bangladesh time) today.
Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Nazmul Qaunine will receive Sheikh Hasina at the airport.
After staying in the British capital for three days, the prime minister will return home on October 7. Sheikh Hasina travelled to the US capital from New York on September 22 after attending the 72nd UNGA session.
After staying in Washington for a week, she was scheduled to return home on October 2 via London.
But the date was deferred as the prime minister underwent a gallbladder surgery at a Washington hospital on September 25.
Sheikh Hasina arrived in New York on September 17 to join the UN's annual event.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- Bangladesh's graduation to developing country a slap to critics: PM
- 16-year-old Mitu first Bangladeshi girl to cross Bangla Channel
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 20 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin