Schoolgirl raped, admitted to hospital
Published : 07 Oct 2017, 17:25
A class three girl was raped allegedly by a man at Dashkahniya village in Charsherpur union of Sadar upazila in Sherpur on Friday afternoon.
Victim’s mother said that one Jasim Uddin, a resident of the same village who is a father of two children chased the girl while she was returning from a local market in the afternoon and he forcibly took her in a paddy field.
Later, he raped the girl.
After being rescued by locals, the victim was taken to her house.
As her condition deteriorated, she was admitted to Sherpur Sadar Hospital.
A case was filed at night against Jasim.
Police are trying to arrest the criminal, said the police.
- Most viewed
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Pregnant New Zealand minister cycles to delivery ward
- German journalist says Turkey court lifts travel ban
- PM receives two UNICEF awards for campaign against early marriage
- Multi-storey buildings to replace city slums: Prime Minister
- 20 August Events
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0