Jessore house of ‘militant Marjan’s sister’ cordoned off
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 15:59
A team of Jessore police along with a team of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crimes unit has cordoned off the house of slain militant Marjan’s sister.
Based on information, the house located in Ghop Central Road of Jessore town was sealed off around 11:00pm suspecting presence of Marjan’s wife there, said Anisur Rahman, superintendent of police in Jessore.
One to two women along with at least one child are suspected to be inside the house and they are being urged to surrender since last night, the police official said.
‘Gulshan café attack co-ordinator Marjan’s wife maybe inside’
The house was initially sealed off suspecting that Gulshan café attack’s co-ordinator Nurul Islam Marjan’s wife was staying there, said Muhibul Islam, deputy commissioner of CTTC unit, said.
Marjan was killed in a shootout with police in Dhaka’s Mohammadpur area.
Muhibul said the house was rented by one Hadisur Rahman Shagor, brother-in-law of Marjan, also a Neo-JMB activist who is believed to have supplied arms to the Gulshan café attack.
Although the house was sealed off believing Marjan’s wife was staying in the house, law enforcers are now suspecting Shagor’s wife Khadiza maybe in the house.
Special Weapons and Tactics team and a bomb disposal unit are also on their way to the “militant den”.
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan