‘Militant Marjan’s sister’ surrenders
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 16:29
In follow-up of the raid in a Jessore house that was underway since this morning, militant Marjan’s sister Khadiza, also a suspected militant, has surrendered to the law enforcers.
A team of Jessore police along with a team of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit has cordoned off the house of slain militant Marjan’s sister.
Based on information, the house located in Ghop Central Road of Jessore town was sealed off around 11:00pm suspecting presence of Marjan’s sister there, said Anisur Rahman, superintendent of police in Jessore.
One to two women along with at least one child are suspected to be inside the house and they are being urged to surrender since last night, the police official said.
‘Gulshan café attack co-ordinator Marjan’s sister maybe inside’
The house was initially sealed off suspecting that Gulshan café attack’s co-ordinator Nurul Islam Marjan’s sister was staying there, said Muhibul Islam, deputy commissioner of CTTC unit.
Marjan was killed in a shootout with police in Dhaka’s Mohammadpur area.
Muhibul said the house was rented by one Hadisur Rahman Shagor, brother-in-law of Marjan, also a Neo-JMB activist who is believed to have supplied arms to the Gulshan café attack.
Special Weapons and Tactics team and a bomb disposal unit are also on their way to the “militant den”.
- Most viewed
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Trump blasts Oprah
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs